Monday, March 22, 2010

Extras by Scott Westerfeld #13

Extras is a spin-off from the Uglies series. It takes place in the same world, but in a different city, and different main characters although we do hear and see from Tally Youngblood again. They also answer one of the main questions I had when the triology ended although I had to wait until the very end to get the full answer.

I still liked this one a lot although not as much as the original triology. The story itself was good, but I didn't like the characters as much. I found them annoying at times and likeable at others, which really made it just seem like I wasn't connecting to them like I did in the triology. I found myself wishing that I was reading the same story but from Tally's point of view.

So overall it was a good story, the characters were so-so, but if I could have made some changes, I would have.

Extras gets 4 out of 5 stars.

Next up-The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

No comments:

Post a Comment