Friday, March 5, 2010

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks #1

When I am picking a new book to read I only ever read the first sentence of the summary before deciding if I want to read it or not. Whenever I read the whole summary I find myself knowing what is going to happen through the first half of the book, and I hate that. If someone I know has recommended the book to me I don't read the summary at all, I like to be surprised. So I won't be sharing a whole lot about what the book is about when reviewing books here because I don't want to give away a whole lot about the book itself.

It has been two months since I read the Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks, and I read it right after reading The Last Song also by Nicholas Sparks. I had to look it up and read a quick summary of the book to even remember what it was about.

The Lucky One was good, although it was a pretty typical Nicholas Sparks love story book. It's about a man who travels to small town to find a certain woman who he doesn't even know, he only has a photograph of her. I guess I will leave it at that for now. I feel like a 3rd grader giving a book report. "If you want to know how it ends, you have to read the book."

All in all, I liked to book, I had a hard time putting it down and I read it in a couple of days at most, which is pretty average for me. I would give it 4 stars out of 5.

Next up-The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment