Monday, April 12, 2010

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows #14

I'm going to call this book The Potato Peel Society just because it is a little shorter. I actually heard about this book from Stephenie Meyer's website (the author of the Twilight series). She recommended it so I thought I would give it a try.

It was a little strange for me at first because the whole book is written in letters to and from the different characters in the book. It took me a little while to get used to that and to figure out who they were talking about in the letters, but once I got into it a little more I grew used to it and kind of enjoyed it. It is a different way of reading a book and I ended up liking it that way, especially as I figured out everyone's relationship to each other and how they tend to interact with each other.

Overall I would say it is a good book, but you have to make sure to give it a honest effort in the beginning. I thought it was a little predictable but a good fun read. I read some of it while on vacation with my sisters and mom and think it is a good "vacation book" if that makes sense to you. A vacation book is something light and fun and a good easy read.

I give The Potato Peel Pie Society 4 out of 5 stars.

Next up-Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult

No comments:

Post a Comment