Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult #7

Book #7 was Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult. This was an interesting book for me. I may have been a little biased about it because I read another online review about it that was not exactly favorable.

There are several different narrators in this book, although I would say there are 2 main characters. The 2 main characters are a mother and daughter. The mother is telling the story from the beginning to the end as you would expect. The daughter is telling the story from the end to the beginning. I found myself frustrated with that because the daughter kept referring to people like I should know them, but I had no idea who they even were. It would be like reading any book starting with the last chapter, then the chapter before that. It got confusing. I was happy when the mom and daughter's stories caught up to each other so it would make more sense.

The story as a whole was okay. It wasn't anything mind-blowing but it was good. I didn't find myself connecting to the characters like I am used to doing when I am reading Jodi Picoult. Definitely my least favorite book of hers so far.

3 out of 5 stars.

Next up-Camp Rules by Jordan Rotter

No comments:

Post a Comment