Sunday, August 29, 2010

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater # 33

Linger is the second of a three book series. The first one is called Shiver. I read it earlier this year and have been waiting for Linger to come out for quite a while. I really like Shiver, and the ending made me want more and quickly. I remember being so disappointed when I saw the Linger was due to come out until July. So I was happy when it finally arrived at the library and I got my hands on it.

I was disappointed by Linger. I can't exactly pinpoint why either. I was a little irritated that it picked up a few months or so after the first one left off. The other problem was that it had been so long since I read the first one that I had forgotten some key information (characters, storylines, etc.) and I didn't feel like the author did a good job of reminding me. In a lot of the series books that I have read recently I feel like they do a good job of explaining things from the previous book, and this one was missing that.

That said, this book once again left me hanging and wanting to know what is going to happen next. I will probably read the third one when it comes out (July 2011). But I feel like I might need to re-read this one and maybe even the first one before I do. We'll see how I am feeling next July.

Overall it was worth reading to see what happens next in the story and it was entertaining. But I did not have a hard time putting it down, which is not a good sign.

I give Linger 3 out of 5 stars.

Next up-Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty

No comments:

Post a Comment