Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Survivors by Gregg Luke #24

The Survivors is another book that I found from the reviews on the libraries website. I didn't realize until I picked it up to read that it is a LDS-fiction book. I tend to shy away from some of those types of books because they can be a little too cheesy for me. This one was no different, I wish I could say that it was and that I loved every bit of it, but I just can't.

The good parts about it is that it was an uplifting story and I did like one of the main characters a lot. There were other characters along the way that I liked too. There were also parts that made me laugh.

Unfortunately there were also parts that were too predictable for me, and others that made me roll my eyes a little bit.

As far as LDS fiction books go, it was pretty typical. If you like those types of books you should read it. Otherwise, there are a lot of other books that I would rather read.

The Survivors gets 2 out of 5 stars.

Next up-Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

No comments:

Post a Comment