Saturday, May 1, 2010

Letters for Emily by Camron Steve Wright #23

Letters for Emily was one I found from the libraries website. Someone had written a review and I decided to try it out. It wasn't a very long or hard read. I think I read the whole thing in one sitting and it took me about 3 hours.

The story is about an old man who leaves behind some letters for his young granddaughter, Emily, to read when he passes away. Instead of leaving them out in the open, she has to find clues which will help her find each letter. The letters are meant to be inspiring and to teach her how to live a good life. It is a little more complicated than that, of course, but that is the basic idea.

I liked the story a lot. It was nice to be able to start and finish a book in the same night. It was interesting to watch the characters deal with the different situations they had going on in their lives.

Letters for Emily gets 3 out of 5 stars.

Next up-The Survivors by Gregg Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment