Saturday, May 1, 2010

Goose Girl by Shannon Hale #22

Goose Girl was recommended to me by my mom who (I think) read it for her book club. She didn't rave about it a whole lot so I wasn't sure what to expect. One thing this year has taught me is to be a little more skeptical about books when I pick them up, which is probably a good thing. It also has taught me how to predict what is going to happen next, and if the author actually manages to surprise me, it is a good thing.

It didn't take me very long to get into Goose Girl, but the end of the first or second chapter I was pretty much hooked. Throughout the book I kept guessing what I thought would happen next, and most of the time I was wrong. A few times I was right, but before I found out I was right I would start thinking I was wrong again. So needless to say, this book kept me on my toes.

The book is part of a series called the Books of Bayern. I don't think the stories are all tied in together, but I could be wrong about that. I will probably read some of the other books, but it won't be for a little while, but list of books I want to read seems to be getting longer and longer.

Goose Girl gets 4 out of 5 stars.

Next up-Letters for Emily by Camron Steve Wright


No comments:

Post a Comment