Monday, November 15, 2010

House Rules by Jodi Picoult # 52-I DID IT!

Well, I did it!  I reached 52 books.  House Rules was also the last of Jodi Picoult's books that I had not read.  Well, there is a book about Wonder Woman, but I have no interest in reading it.  I thought since I wanted to read all of her books, that finishing my 52 books with the last one of hers (well, until next year) was a good way to end.

I liked House Rules, but not as much as some of her other books.  It is about a boy with Asperger's Syndrome who is obsessed with crime scene investigations and is accused of murder.  My problem with the book is that I figured out the ending pretty quick into it.  Although, I kept doubting myself because it seemed so obvious to me that I thought there might be another twist.  So the whole time I know the answer that everyone is looking for, only they aren't asking the right people the right questions.  I was yelling at the characters in my mind throughout the whole book.

The good parts of it is that, like most of her books, I liked the characters and they were all believable so it was easy to get lost in the story.  Jodi Picoult is very good at researching for her books, so it was interesting to read what a child with Asperger's is like.  I was disappointed though after reading some other reviews online to learn that she as a little off this time.  I guess she took every symptom that someone with Asperger's could have and gave them all to this kid, which obviously is not how it is in real life.

House Rules gets 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Next up-Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

P.S.  Yes, I am still going.  I have two more waiting at the library for me, then I am going to start on next year's list.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats. I can't believe you did with 7 weeks still left in the year. Amazing! Great job.

    ReplyDelete