Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte #27

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall was written by Anne Bronte in the 1840's. For that reason alone it was a little different than the type of book I usually read. The language was different than the what we speak today which means that I actually had to pay attention to what I was reading in order to follow along. I am used to being able to read and think about other things at the same time, and I wasn't able to do that with this book.

It was a little bit difficult for me to keep the different characters straight. There were several that were called by different names that began with the same letter so I kept getting them confused. It also took me a while to get into the story, it took me about 2 weeks to get through the first 100 pages (which is a long time for me). Then once I got through that it took me another 2 weeks to read the other 400 or so pages.

Overall it was a good book with a good story and worth reading. Would I take the time to read it again? Probably not. Should you read it? Yes, if the language differences aren't too annoying for you.

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall gets 3 out of 5 stars from me.

Next up-The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment