Thursday, March 3, 2011

1984 By George Orwell

I had never heard of 1984 until I saw it mentioned in an article I was reading one day.  I thought it sounded interesting so I added it to the list.  After looking into it a little bit it seems to be one of those books that everyone has heard about except me.  I don't know where I have been.

It was written in 1949 about England in 1984 and what the author thought could or would have changed.  It is all about a society that has Big Brother watching them at all times and Big Brother also alters everything to be what he wants it to be.

It took me 3 weeks to get through the first 90 pages.  That's when I decided to skim the rest of it and it took me 3 hours to skim through the other 140ish pages.  It was okay.  A little too wordy for me if you know what I mean.  It was an interesting read.  If I wanted to take 6 months to read it I could have gotten through the whole thing, but it isn't really my style of book.

1984 gets 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment